Skilled Independent Visa (Subclass 189)
Skilled Independent Visa is the most popular and mush sought permanent visa for individuals, having skills in demand, in the country’s thriving labour market. This visa has been designed for those skilled migrants, who do not have any sponsorship from the state, territory, employer or a family member in Australia. The selection for this visa is done solely based on your skills, experience, and profile score, since it is a point based visa. This visa offers permanent residency in Australia to the visa holder and accompanying family members. Applicant can be in or outside Australia when apply and when the visa is granted.
The Department of Immigration and Border Protection follows simply point based system to select eligible candidates for Permanent residency on skilled independent Visa (subclass 189). Applicant are assessed for the following factors and points are allotted accordingly.
- Choose an occupation listed in (Skilled occupation list) of Australia.
- Score at least 65 points on his/her selection factors, i.e. Age, Qualification, Experience, English proficiency and other such components if applicable (Click here to calculate your points)
- Be under 45 years of age
- Have positive skills assessment from the recognized assessing authority
- Satisfies the compulsory English language requirement.
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Satisfies the character and health conditions.
Note: Please ensure that your occupation is listed in medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), if you are applying for Subclass 189 and Subclass 491 family sponsored visa. If you are applying under Subclass 190 and Subclass 491 Regional sponsored your occupation should be in the respective state list.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa holder can reside as permanent resident in Australia. Since it is a permanent residence visa, the holder is entitled to stay in the country for the indefinite period. This visa allows holder to:
- Live and work in Australia Indefinitely.
- Study full time in Australia at any grade of learning
- Get subsidized health care facilities
- Get certain social security benefits
- Apply for Australian citizenship after spending specific time in Australia.
- Sponsor a family member for permanent or temporary residency in Australia
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled Independent visa.
Get the point table from above link and add in our page with own style.
HOW TO GET AUSTRALIAN PR subclass 189 visa?
To obtain the Australia PR subclass 189 visa, you must check your eligibility for the visa. Our Initial Evaluation Service helps applicants to know their eligibility and their chances for the visa. This assessment is conducted in assistance of Pakistan’s best immigration experts. If you believe that you meet the basic requirements of Australia Immigration and wish to check your eligibility for Australia Skilled Independent Visa, our experts can help. You can contact us or leave your details for our Experts to contact you.