Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
This visa is for applicants who have an occupation in high demand in Australia’s labor market. In order to apply for subclass 190 visa, you first need to choose an occupation from the relevant Australia occupational demand list, after that you need to submit an EOI through SkillSelect online for confirmation of your visa and subsequently, attain a nomination from a state or territory government in Australia.
- Have an experience in any of the occupation listed in the consolidated skilled occupation list (CSOL) of Australia.
- Earn at least 65 points based on his/her age, qualification, experience, English proficiency, other components if applicable (Click here to calculate your points)
- Get a state/territory sponsorship.
- Be under 45 years of age.
- Obtain a positive skill assessment from the relevant assessing authority
- Have required level of English Proficiency
- Experience as required by state/territory requirement
- Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI)
- Meet the health and character requirements.
- Live in sponsoring state or territory for 2 years once visa is granted
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
This visa allows you and your family to
- Live and work in Australia indefinitely.
- Study in Australia full time
- Receive subsidized health care facilities
- Receive certain social security benefits
- Apply for the citizenship after spending specific time in Australia
- Sponsor the eligible family members for permanent or temporary residency in Australia.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the skilled Independent visa.
Sponsored by a Regional Government:
Applicant’s nominated occupation should be listed in the respective state list and he/she should meet all the eligibility criteria as set by the state. The applicant has to commit to live and work in this state for initial 2 years of stay in specified regional area of Australia.
You must have lived in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area for at least two years if you were nominated for subclass 491 by a regional government. These areas are listed by postcode and state on the table below.
Sponsor by a relative:
The applicant should be sponsored by an eligible sponsor who is either an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
The relation between the sponsor and the applicant can either be a brother, sister, parent, Non-dependent child, Aunt, Uncle, Nephew, Niece, First cousin, relative of the applicant’s spouse.
The sponsor should be living in a designated area of Australia before lodging the application and also need to prove that he/she will continue to live in the designated area till the decision is made regarding the application.
The sponsor will have to sign a sponsorship undertaking stating that he/she will provide required assistance to meet the applicant’s financial and social obligations for the period of 2 years to make the applicant’s living comfortable in Australia.